Home » » Halilovic delighted to seal Barcelona move after Catalans announce deal that could rise to £10m for 'the next Luka Modric'

Halilovic delighted to seal Barcelona move after Catalans announce deal that could rise to £10m for 'the next Luka Modric'


Alen Halilovic says he is delighted to sign for Barcelona after the Spanish giants announced his capture on Thursday morning.
The Dynamo Zagreb starlet has signed for an initial £1.8million on a five-year deal but it is thought the price could rise to as much as £10m depending on how he performs.
Billed as ‘the next Luka Modric’, Halilovic can play across the midfield but usually starts on the right or up front and has a more aggressive, direct style. Halilovic will begin his career in the Barcelona B side but has assurances that his progress will be swift.
The 17-year-old, said: ‘I’m delighted and it is difficult to find words to describe what I feel. 
‘Many thanks to Dinamo, who will always remain my first love and as the club where my dreams began to be realised. I would like to thank all the coaches and the fans of Dinamo. ‘Of course, Barcelona is something special, I have loved the club since I was a kid and I am honored to have the opportunity to play for Barca.
‘Firstly, I want to win the double with Dinamo and then focus on my new club.’
At the end of February Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta and football management director Raul Sanllehi flew to Croatia to watch the youngster in action and seal the deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment